Many of us at the ISOJI team have spent plenty of time abroad in countless different countries. So, we thought we would share some tips and tricks we learned over the years that may help you on your next adventure:
- Do your research. Entry visas may be required in some countries and it is better to start the process sooner than later.
- Is it a safe time go? Certain countries may be going through political unrest, disease epidemics, or weather disasters. Ask yourself if you are willing to take on the risk. If not, it may be better to hold off until things calm down.
- Budget for your trip. The three main areas you will spend money on when traveling are airline tickets, living expenses, and leisure activities. There are plenty of ways to receive discounted or free flights and stays in hotels via credit card points. The more you save in those areas, the more you can spend on leisure activities.
- Plan your route. Know where you want to go and when you want to go. That way you can maximize value from your time there.
- Travel light! No need to bring your entire wardrobe! There are many opportunities for you to be able to do your laundry abroad. Roll your clothes up like how we package our ISOJI shirts and look for laundry service close by!
- Alternative places to stay. If financial capital is a constraint, there are plenty of other options out there! A lot of money can be saved when you choose to stay in a hostel or an air BnB instead of a fancy hotel. You can then use the money you saved and spend it on other fun activities!
- Learn as much as you can! It’s not every day you get to experience another culture! Things may be strange at first, but the locals definitely appreciate it when you try your best to learn more about their daily life.
- Be Spontaneous. You’re in (‘enter destination here’). Have fun and take in as much as you can!
We hope that you have found these tips and tricks helpful. Of course, not every trip will be perfect. However, many of us here in the ISOJI team have found those imperfections make for an unforgettable experience!